Karachi, 15 October, 2018:
MURAD INDUCTS FOUR MORE MINISTERS IN HIS CABINET
KARACHI (Oct 15): Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah expanded his cabinet on Monday by inducting four more ministers. Now the number of the provincial cabinet members has reached to 16 plus two advisors. Sindh Governor Imran Ismail administered oath to the new minister at a simple ceremony held at the Governor House. The ministers who took oath include Taimore Talpur, Syed Awais Shah, Murtaza Baloch and Bari Pitafi.
It may be noted that Taimore Talpur is son of MNA Nawab Yousif Talpur and is MPA from Umerkot district. Syed Awais Shah is MPA from Sukkur, Murtaza Baloch from Malir and Abdul Bari Pitafi from Ghotki. Sindh chief minister Syed Murad Ali Shah had inducted eight ministers in his cabinet in the first phase on August 19, and four more in the second phase on September 5 and still four more minister in the third phase on Monday and still he has a provision to induct two more ministers. The oath taking ceremony was conducted by acting chief secretary Mohammad Waseem and was attended by Sindh PPP President Nisar Khurto, provincial ministers, MPAs, MNAs, bureaucrats and notable.
Karachi, 15 October, 2018:
MURAD URGES FED GOVT TO DEVELOP A NATIONAL DATA OF CRIMINALS, CRIME
KARACHI (Oct 15): Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has said that some 2200 policemen and a large number of Rangers jawans had rendered their lives for restoration of peace in Karachi and we owe a word of thanks to them and their families. This he said while talking to State Minister for Interior Shehryar Afridi here at CM House. The meeting was attended by IG Police Kaleem Imam, Home Secretary Kazi Kabir and Principal Secretary to CM Sajid Jamal Abro. Murad Ali Shah said that the general and by-elections have been held in the city in a peaceful manner. “This is because of restored law and order, otherwise this was not possible,” he said. He urged the state minister to establish a data-bank of crime and criminals on national level with an access to the provincial government so that necessary action could be taken accordingly . “We had taken this decision in the Apex committee meeting during the last tenure but it could not be implemented and now it is need of hour,” he said. He also urged the visiting state minister to issue necessary directives to NADRA for cooperating with the Sindh police in identification issues of the accused of heinous crimes.
The state minister on behalf of the federal government assured the chief minister of full support and cooperation in every sector, particularly in law and order issues. In the meeting fateh was offered for the martyrs of police, rangers and other members of law enforcement agencies who laid their lives in the line of their duty during the operation in the city.
Karachi, 09 September, 2018:
MURAD DIRECTS TASKFORCE TO LAUNCH CAMPAIGN FOR ERADIATION OF POLIO, MEASLES
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has reiterated his resolve to eradicate polio and measles from the province of Sindh by intensifying vaccination campaigns and launching awareness drives. This he said on Tuesday while presiding over a meeting of provincial taskforce for polio eradication here at the CM House. The meeting was attended by Minister Health Dr Azra Pechuho, Chief Secretary Mumtaz Ali Shah, Principal Secretary to CM Sajid Jamal Abro, provincial secretaries of local government and health, Commissioner Karachi Sauleh Farooqui, Adl IG Karachi Dr Ameer Shaikh, WHO Team Leader Dr Abdi Rehman, Unicef team leader Mr Lieven Desomer, BMGF Team Leader Dr Altaf Bosan, Rotary International Chair Aziz Memon, all divisional commissioners and deputy commissioner of Karachi and other concerned. Briefing the chief minister provincial Emergency Operation Center (EOC) Coordinator Fayaz Jatoi said that in in 2018 to this date no polio case has reported in Sindh as compared to last year when two cases were reported and both were from Karachi, Gulshan-e-Iqbal and Gadap.
In rural areas of the province, the number of missing children in September was recorded at 94,875 which include 88464 not available and 6411 refusal cases. The Chief minister said that frequent positive environmental samples in Jacobabad and Kamber was not a good sign. The reasons may be seasonal population movement to and from Karachi and Quetta and drought related population displacement from Tharparkar and Umerkot to other parts of the province . Therefore, he directed the Taskforce to devise the strategy to control the situation accordingly. Murad Ali Shah said that the leadership of the DCs was required more now than ever before. Because they were present in the field. “I want to you [DCs] to control increasing community resistance to the polio vaccination The chief minister directed Minister Health Dr Azra Pechuho to improve the performance of the district and taluka Health Officers in some districts like Malir, West, Central, Jacobabad, Kamber, Sujawal and Matirai where frequent positive environmental samples were found. He also expressed his displeasure on inadequate support form directorate of private schools and directed education department to talk to them to cooperate with polio teams in administering polio vaccine to their school children, otherwise take strict action against them.
Measles Cases: The meeting was told that the measles cases have shown an increase during last four years. In 2015, 1175 measles suspected cases were reported, of them 281 were found confirmed and eight patients were died. In 2016 out of 3421 suspected cases 1729 were found confirmed, of them 19 died. In 2017, 5779 suspected cases were tested, of them 3086 found confirmed and 35 died and in 2018 suspected cases increased to 7778, of them 788 have been confirmed and 122 died. The chief minister said that the situation is quite alarming and there should a thorough investigation into causes of measles outbreak. The health department must do its investigative work and simultaneously, the vigorous and focused campaign for measles vaccination be launched.
He said that the party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto has laid great responsibility on his shoulders by nominating him as chief minister of Sindh. “I am thankful to him and other party leadership for their trust,” he said and added “under the guidance of party chairman I would serve people of Sindh to the best of my abilities,” he said.He said “we should improve our health indicators by taking multi-sectorial interventions. He added that necessary improvements may be made in nutrition, provision of clean drinking water, waste management and to educate people about health issues.
Murad Ali Shah said that he was trying his best to make Sindh am healthy, wealthy and cleaner Sindh and for the purpose he urged every one within the government and in the civil society to support him to achieve the goals.
MURAD APPROVES RELEASE OF RS336.7 M TO FUNCTIONALISE 110 RO PLANTS IN THAR
KARACHI (Oct 8): Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah expressing his displeasure on the closure of 110 RO plants in Thar for want of funds has directed Finance department to release Rs336.7 million today and make the RO plants operational immediately. He issued these directives on Monday while presiding over a meeting regarding closure of RO plants here at the CM House. The meeting was attended by provincial ministers, Saeed Ghani, Imtiaz Shaikh, CM Advisor Murtaza Wahab, Chief Secretary Mumtaz Ali Shah, Chairman P&D Mohammad Waseem, Principal Secretary Sajid Jamal Abro, Secretary PHE dept Jamal Shah, officers of Sindh Coal authority and high officials of Pak Oasis- the contractors of the RO plant. The chief minister expressing his extreme displeasure and annoyance said that there were 600 RO plants in Thar, of them 110 were made nonfunctional because the contractor has not been released funds. “Why funds were not released,” he asked the chief secretary. Chief Secretary Mumtaz Shah said that the approval of the budget was the main reason behind delay in releasing the funds. “The provincial assembly has passed budget in the end of last month and now the budget was available and was being disbursed among the concerned departments,” he said added “the funds for RO plants would be released to the contractor within next three days. The chief minister directed him to released funds of Rs336.7 million to the contractor on Monday (today) and also directed the contractor to operationalize the RO plants to night and start providing water to the people of Thar from Tuesday. The chief minister talking to the contractor said that they were working with Sindh government from last many years but just for release of funds they preferred to close the RO plants. On this the contractor told the chief minister that due to non-availability of funds they could not pay salaries to their employees from June 2018, therefore employees working at RO plants stopped working. At this the chief minister said the people of Thar have already suffered a lot due to drought situation and the only facility of sweet water made available to them by the government was also stopped, he regretted.
The provincial ministers, Syed Sardar Shah, Imtiaz Shaikh and CM Advisor Murtaza Wahab on the instructions of the chief minister visited Thar on last Sunday and met with the people. They also told the chief minister that the closure of RO plants was a big issue and must be resolved immediately. The chief minister was told that there were 2646 RO plants installed in different districts of the province, of them 2261 were operational. Excess payment to contractor: It was pointed out in the meeting that around Rs4 billion excess payment was made to the contractor. At this the contractor brushed aside the impression of over payment and said their funds were still outstanding against the government.
The contractor said that they had taken contracts of all three phases of RO plants installation and solarisation of some RO plants for Rs13.6 billion against which they had received Rs10.5 billion and still their Rs3 billion were outstanding against the government. The chief minister directed the Chief Secretary to constitute a committee with representatives from Sindh Coal Authority, Public Health engineering and finance department and reconcile all the expenditures being termed as disputed. “This reconciliation must be made within three days,” he said. In case the issue of excess payment is not resolved then a well reputed auditors would hired to audit all the payments made so far.
CM IMPOSES BAN ON COMMERCIALIZATION OF INDUSTRIAL PLOTS
KARACHI (Oct 8): Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah with immediate effect has imposed ban on allotment and conversion of industrial plots into commercials ones and directed chief secretary to put up a policy to the cabinet for further discussion and approval. He issued these directives while presiding over a meeting regarding commercialization of industrial plots at SITE Karachi. The meeting was attended by Chief Secretary Mumtaz Ali Shah, Principal Secretary to CM Sajid Jamal Abro, Secretary Lcoal Government Khalid Hyder Shah, Secretary Industries Haleem Shaikh, MD SITE and other concerned officers. It was pointed out that land measuring 152 acre of SITE was allotted for Cinema-three acres, banks - 4 acres, CNG stations -23 acres, godowns - 40 acres, hotels - three acres, offices & showrooms - 40 acres, petrol pumps - 26 acres, shopping center - one acre, post office one acre, shops- seven acres, weighbridge - two acres and workshops two acres. The chief minister was told that the allotment was being made by the board of the SITE comprising eight government and 7 tenants/industrialists. The allotment is legal but the plots were meant for industrial purposes, therefore they cannot be allotted for commercial or other purposes.
The chief minister was also informed that the plots measuring 153 acres were converted into commercial plots illegally. They include 13 acres for banks, 15 for CNG stations, nine for godowns, 73 acres for showrooms, 19 petrol pumps, six for shopping centers, five for shops, 11 for weighbridge, one for school and one acre for workshop. Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said that no doubt the SITE areas was established for industrial purposes but it was being converted into commercial which was illegal. The chief minister directed the chief secretary to put up the matter to the provincial cabinet and with immediate effect impose complete ban on allotment and conversion of the plots.